Auction Posting Rules & Guidelines
- You are entering into a transaction with another individual when they win an auction.
- OcuTrade is merely the facilitator of that transaction.
- Items must be placed in the correct category. OcuTrade reserves the right to re-categorize items
- If an item does not fit into a listed category, please use the Other or Miscellaneous category - submit category requests if you feel we need to expand our options.
- Listings that attempt to make sales outside of OcuTrade are not permitted and will be ended. The Listing Fee will be automatically credited for that listing.
- Listings of catalogs from which buyers may directly order items are prohibited. In these situations, the seller will typically offer the catalog for low bid prices and complete sales outside of OcuSource for items found in the catalog.
- The OcuTrade item page cannot refer to or promote the seller's individual Web site, off OcuTrade sales or other businesses.
To make listing your item a smooth and easy process, be prepared by going through this checklist:
- Choose your category. Choose the most specific category available. The right category helps interested buyers find your item. Search for items similar to yours and see which categories other sellers have chosen.
- Write your title and description ahead of time. What will buyers most want to know about your item? Think like a buyer.
- Prepare your photo (s). Have a good picture of your item in an appropriate digital format. JPEG (.jpg) is suggested. Know the location of your photos to upload (use the browse button to find them on your computer), or the URL of their location if you're loading an image from a website (copy and paste from the address bar in your browser).
- Have the item on hand. Keep the item close by in case you think of other things you want to add to your description.
- Plan your pricing. You may want to do a little research into the selling prices of other items similar to yours. This will help you set your starting price or your Buy Now price. Also, decide whether you'd like to set a reserve price (a price below which you won't sell your item)